JOIN OUR TEAM
At Bethany Presbyterian Church, we believe God intends for our worshipping community to be grounded in God’s love, centered on Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit in order to be a blessing to our world, our city and one another. Our staff lives this mission every day, and invites others to join our community, sharing their gifts and talents as we join Jesus in his mission to reconcile all people.
CURRENT OPENINGS - The following positions are currently available at Bethany. Please see the individual posting for application instructions. Please also be aware that a background check is required prior to employment.
- Administrative Coordinator – Part-time (30 hours per week)
The Administrative Coordinator provides program and administrative support to the Bethany Staff and Session (ruling elders of the church). This position plays a crucial role in facilitating many of the day-to-day operations of the church, enabling the various ministries of Bethany, keeping the congregation informed and engaged, and being a welcoming presence to those coming in to the church office. The Administrative Coordinator should be someone with the following qualifications and characteristics:
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ and openness to the direction of the Holy Spirit.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Office administration experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint). Experience with Community Church Builder, MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite, and WordPress is desirable, but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a diverse population and to coordinate and manage volunteers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, attention to detail, ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Accuracy in money handling and confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the Church and its members.
Expected pay range is $25 to $28 per hour, depending on experience. Benefits include medical, dental, and life insurance, retirement contributions (10% of salary annually), paid holidays, paid vacation, paid safe/sick leave, and new-parent leave. For the full job description, click here. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by August 22nd to the search committee at email@example.com.
Bethany Presbyterian Church embraces and celebrates human diversity as a reflection of the image of God and seeks diverse and underrepresented applicants for every position we recruit. We want our staff to represent a variety of backgrounds, qualifications, perspectives and skills. Program staff should express in their own lives the qualities and gifts outlined in Bethany’s 2017 Statement on Ordained Leadership and Program Staff (linked here). We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, or disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, benefits, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.