On Campus + Online Worship
During the summer, we are gathering for worship on-campus and online on Sunday mornings at 10:00am. We look forward to encountering the Living God together!
ON CAMPUS WORSHIP
In the Sanctuary at 10:00am
Livestream at 10:00am
What to Expect On Campus
- Arrival: Please come to the Fellowship Hall lobby doors where our Welcome Team will greet you and direct you to the sanctuary.
- Seating: From there, enter the narthex and the Ushers will help guide you to your seats.
- Exit/Traffic Flow: Once the service has ended, exit the building through the tower doors where you can enjoy fellowship time on the lawn.
- Mask Wearing: In our ongoing effort to take care of each other, Bethany is still masking during worship. The only exception is for worship leaders who will be speaking or singing from the front. Otherwise, everyone in attendance will wear a mask at all times.
- Communion: Celebrated on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month; pre-packaged kits are available to partake of the elements at your seat.
Preparing to Gather
As you consider attending worship on campus, we want to give you the confidence that we are committed and prepared to follow all health and safety guidelines while continuing to monitor current guidelines and best practices. We will continue to update this page with changes to standards, services, and children's programming. At this time, we will be taking the following precautions:
On Campus worship services are held in the Sanctuary. After recent repairs, the ventilation system is significantly improved (11-12 air changes per hour) and the sanctuary is much safer for worship on Sunday mornings.
- Children's Programming will be offered during the 10:00am service. Children ages 3 years through 5th grade will remain with their families in the Sanctuary through the Children's Message; after that time, children in this age group will be dismissed to attend the outdoor children's program for those families who would like to participate. Printed children's bulletins will be available. Nursery Care will be available for newborns to 2-year-olds.
- Cleaning of our campus will continue to take place at or above all guidelines set forth by the CDC, including but not limited to all surfaces in the fellowship hall, lobby, restrooms and any other high-touch surfaces. Additionally, hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the building for your use.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines - we are committed to following all CDC, Washington state, and King county guidelines, and ask that you:
—Wear a mask covering the nose and mouth whenever on campus
—Remain at home if you or anyone in your household or pod has a fever higher than 100.4 degrees or has experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 72 hours
What to Expect During Worship
As we move into this "hybrid worship" time, connecting those worshiping on campus with those online, we are striving to combine the best of what we've experienced over Zoom this past year with those aspects of on campus worship that have been so much a part of our Bethany culture in the past.
- Prayer Time: To ensure that everyone has the opportunity to participate fully from wherever we are, our "Virtual Prayer Wall" will be available throughout the week to type in prayers anytime, and can also be pulled up during the service so we all can see the requests and add new ones in real time as we've become accustomed to doing. These prayer requests will be prayed over during Sunday worship.
- Congregational Singing: We are now singing as a congregation (still fully masked)
- Worship Bulletins (including resources for children) will be available to pick up at the check-in areas and also still available on our Sunday Worship page online.
- Offering plates are now being passed during worship for those who wish to give in person
- Communion is celebrated on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month; pre-packaged kits are available to partake of the elements at your seat.
Serve on Sundays
This is an exciting time for our community!
For those who are able and excited to participate in person, we encourage you to be a part of the fun on Sundays by serving. Come and join our Sunday hospitality teams and extend a warm welcome as we begin inviting folks back on campus. Contact Adele Drummond email@example.com or Suzanne Mason firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you'd like to help!