Bethany All-Church Read this Fall
“History and Scripture teaches us that there can be no reconciliation without repentance. There can be no repentance without confession. And there can be no confession without truth. The Color of Compromise is about telling the truth so that reconciliation—robust, consistent, honest reconciliation—might occur across racial lines.” --Jemar Tisby
Virtual Author Talk and Q & A with Jemar Tisby
Sunday, November 15th, from 5:30 - 7pm.
Here are a few notes on what to expect:
- Mr. Tisby will present for 45 minutes and then do a hosted Question and Answer time for 45 minutes.
- Questions will be submitted in advance for Q&A Time
If you have a question for Jemar, please submit in advance to Marisa Gronholz at firstname.lastname@example.org. The questions you submit will be asked by our moderators; it won't be an open time of Q & A (at his request).
- Zoom Meeting features (and limitations)
We've scheduled our time together as a Zoom meeting (rather than a webinar like on Sunday mornings). This means that you will be able to see the other attendees who choose to enable their video feature. However, we will be automatically muting all attendees to limit any potential cross-talk and background noise.
Zoom Meeting Info:
Virtual Author Talk and Q&A with Jemar Tisby
Sunday, November 15th, 5:30-7pm
Click here to Join the Zoom Meeting:
Meeting ID: 814 4922 4233
Or one-tap mobile:
+1 253 215 8782
ALL-CHURCH READ STUDY GUIDES: Links to download the guides are included below, and also sent out via email each week to the Bethany E-News distribution list. You can use these in your small group, with a friend, or even if you’d just like to reflect individually.
- Chapter 11 and Conclusion: Study Guide & Reflection Questions
- Chapter 10 Study Guide & Reflection Questions
- Chapter 9 Study Guide & Reflection Questions
- Chapter 8 Study Guide & Reflection Questions
- Chapter 7 Study Guide & Reflection Questions
- Chapter 6 Study Guide & Reflection Questions
- Chapter 5 Study Guide & Reflection Questions
- Chapter 4 Study Guide & Reflection Questions
- Chapter 3 Study Guide & Reflection Questions
- Chapter 2 Study Guide & Reflection Questions
- Foreword and Chapter 1 Study Guide & Reflection Questions
- Study Overview and Reading Schedule
BETHANY SMALL GROUPS: If you would like to be with other Bethany folks to discuss this book (separate from the Urban Impact groups), please let Misty Grieger know: email@example.com.
CHURCH-WIDE DISCUSSIONS: We will also have a Bethany church-wide discussion after our service on October 4th as part of our First Sunday Adult Formation series. And, big news: the author, Jemar Tisby, will be joining us over Zoom on Sunday, November 15th!
For any other questions or concerns, please contact our Director of Outreach, Marisa Gronholz, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REVISED Color of Compromise Reading Schedule (updated 10/13/20)
- By Wednesday, October 14th, please have Chapters 7 & 8 read; Urban Impact Discussion Groups from 7-8:30pm
- By Wednesday, October 21st, please have Chapter 9 read; Urban Impact Discussion Groups from 7-8:30pm
- By Wednesday, October 28th, please have Chapter 10 read; Urban Impact Discussion Groups from 7-8:30pm
- By Wednesday, November 4th, please have Chapter 11 and the Conclusion read; Urban Impact Discussion Groups from 7-8:30pm
- Sunday, November 15th—Jemar Tisby over Zoom (Time is TBD) 45 minute talk followed by 45 minutes of Q & A
If you haven't had a chance to order your book yet, here are some recommended ways to purchase:
The Life Bookstore - A Black-owned online bookstore owned by B.J. Stewart, referred by Lynne Blessing. TheLifeBookstore.com specializes in Christian training and counseling materials supporting ministries in the U.S. and Canada:
Queen Anne Bookstore - Local bookstore, longstanding relationship, offering Bethany a 20% discount on the book. To get the discount, please include "Bethany Presbyterian Church Book Group" in the notes section of your web order:
Mahogany Books - Black-Owned Online Bookstore for Bestselling and Classic African American Books: