Ministry Partner Events & Opportunities to Serve
New Horizons – Partnering with youth experiencing homelessness
Help Provide Dinner for New Horizons – Various Dates, July – December 2021
We are increasing our engagement with our ministry partner, New Horizons, by locking in dates through the end of this calendar year to provide meals and food delivery for youth experiencing homeless. For more information and to sign up, click here.
World Relief Seattle – Envisions every local refugee and vulnerable immigrant welcomed by community, rooted in community, and empowered for community
1. World Relief Encourager Project
The 49-member staff of World Relief has been working creatively and faithfully this past year amidst many challenges in welcoming refugees. Executive Director Chitra Hanstad, has invited Bethany Presbyterian Church to partner with them by providing “encouragers.” Her vision is one Bethany person, couple or family for every one of her creative staff members. These people will encourage in 3 main ways:
- Provide a snack or gift card once a month
- Pray for their staff member
- Send a note or card, text, drawing, email or two a month encouraging the staff person
World Relief is expecting many new families who will arrive this year from all over the world. Welcome Kits help a family set up their new home. https://worldreliefseattle.org/Build-a-Kit
3. Volunteer with Refugees: https://worldreliefseattle.org/volunteer
- Assistants and Family Support Volunteers are the biggest needs right now. Both are virtual roles online with weekly commitments after onboarding.
- World Relief is also looking for host homes with separated spaces like basement apartments or Airbnbs so they can host people for 1-3wks while keeping everyone safe through the pandemic.
Urban Impact – Partnering with families and communities to break the cycle of social, material, and spiritual poverty
Half Hour of Power – Community Prayer with Urban Impact
Every Friday, 1:00-1:30pm
Urban Impact has invited us to join Pastor Harvey and Steve Bury as they host a virtual Community Prayer time every Friday, from 1-1:30pm. There will be a brief introduction and then we’ll work through a series of themes together in prayer. >> Join us on Zoom (recurring link) here.
- Wrestling with Reconciliation – on break for the summer; resuming in September
Wednesday Night Dinner @ Bethany – Seeks to open our doors and hearts to the Queen Anne community, to come together and enjoy both a meal and fellowship, and to encourage one another in life and faith
Thanks for your interest in serving at Wednesday Night Dinner! We would be thrilled to connect with you! We can always use the help–whether in serving food, eating with the participants, doing craft projects, organizing our donations, or cleaning. Please contact Hannah, the Director of Wednesday Night Dinner, to discuss ways to get involved and/or to learn more about this community and ministry: email@example.com.
Due to the Covid pandemic, we are serving hot meals as “grab and go” bags outside and therefore have limited volunteer slots available each week. Please stay tuned for news on when we return to dining together inside! Opening our doors (whenever it is safe to do so) will also mean we will have many more volunteer opportunities available each week. We look forward to connecting with you!